Friday, June 10, 2011

Graduation ... roaming vagabond ... The Importance of Being Earnest

I've been an alum from Choate for officially 5 days now! I spent all of senior spring dealing with anxiety for June 5, and when the day came, I honestly felt like it was time.

The last five days I have lived out of my suit case, traveling between Connecticut and Manhattan, attending grad parties and visiting friends. My grad party circuit has ended, and I intend on vegging out until Sunday, when I travel to DC to begin an internship at the American Action Network/Forum.

The highlight of these past 5 days was last night. David Black, my godfather (we might be the only Jewish godfather/son to exist), took me out for a night on the town. We began at the Brooklyn Diner, where I sampled my first calf's liver and onions, and then saw the The Importance of Being Earnest (http://theater.nytimes.com/2011/01/14/theater/reviews/14importance.html), which was absolutely hilarious! A Broadway producer, David got us back stage, where we met Brian Bedford, who played Lady Bracknell. Until David told me, I thought the actor playing Bracknell was a weird looking woman. We then had some drinks downtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment