Thursday, August 18, 2011

Cleanse temporarily postponed

Don't judge me yet. Sometimes I can be like the government; I make promises I can't keep, impediments eventually arise, inconvenience mounts, etc. I'm only human. The cleanse is still on, but we postponed it until Saturday.

Today, I woke up at 5:30 to take a train from Kingston to Stamford, CT. There I met Chip. The Choate board had a meeting today, which for all intents/purposes, meant we had a chance to interview Bruce Gelb for ChrossTalk. Equipped with a new mic, Chip and I conducted our longest interview to date -- 1600 bars on GarageBand, which amounts to a 75 minute interview. Luckily, Chip edits our interviews! Tomorrow is my birthday, and I'd prefer to eat cake rather than juice. Barring no unexpected surprises, the three day cleanse -- and my extremely soon to be mercurial mood -- will begin on Saturday.

Now that it's the end of August, I'm having to send many of my friends off to college. Not having to attend school next week is a total relief. I'm not ready for college. Choate cooked me to a crisp, and Washington exposed me to a completely different and at times more satisfying reality than school. Planning for the rest of the year continues. Tomorrow I have the inaugural RhodySquash meeting with the seed donors to chart the direction for the coming year. Off to the next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment