Thursday, March 15, 2012

2 days in Chucktown

Charlestown was a cultural letdown but a gastronomic paradise (please look to the next few posts, where I will comment on our dining experiences). Surprisingly, the most interesting part of the city was the massive bridge, 10 lains across and beautifully constructed. We stayed across the river in MT. Pleasent at the Old Village Post House, a quaiant, picturesque inn. I can only fault the lack of an exercise room, from which I normally have been able to counter the feelings of guilt associated with gorging myself, 3 meals a day, hoovering everything In sight for two straight weeks. We spent our two days exploring the historic area of the city, which included visiting the market, kitchen supply shops with my dad, and the the College of Charlestown. I think Charlestown was ultimately a letdown because it tried -- and failed -- to be something it's not ... A quaint European-style town. Who knows though ... Maybe I'm crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment