Sunday, December 25, 2011

Chinese Food on Christmas

We shared, but stacked the food together for dramatic purposes.
Zoe, my Jewish partner in crime, met me in New London to break dumplings today. Without trees or Christmas cheer, we in the words of Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan, "you know, like all Jews, [were] at a Chinese restaurant." Well we were, and thanks to Zoe, ate in a very sketchy part of New London (see photo in next post). Zoe's company, as usual, was delightful. Departing momentarily from a new stringent diet of fruit, flax and chia seed, and other "colorful" produce, Zoe and I profoundly over-ordered, selecting dumplings, chow-fun, general tso's, and a few unnamed mystery items. I'm still dealing with the postprandial from this meal, aware that it's a miracle I didn't go comatose on the highway ride home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment