Saturday, November 19, 2011

Weekend at Maddox ... not Bernie's #lamejoke

Smile needs some work
Last weekend, Gabe and I joined the legendary Ed Maddox at what we had come to know as "The Cape." It was, as always, an absolute pleasure to see old friends, discuss new experiences, and attempt -- ultimately to no avail -- to cure Maddox of his liberal leanings. While somewhat hesitant to get in the car without a helmet, Gabe eventually agreed to drive up with me, after we finished coaching the Saturday session of RhodySquash. We came to find out that "The Cape" is in fact Cotuit, a lovely seaside town. Despite a very late start, we arrived in the afternoon, and shot the s**t with Maddox for about an hour, after which we went to see Anonymous, the logical movie choice after a full term in Shakespeare and the Death of Kings. Dinner with a live band followed, and though we all tried to survive insipid Republican soundbites and watch the GOP foreign policy debate, we eventually hit the hay (under heated blankets I might add). The next morning, I tried to recreate a Choate breakfast for a Choate alum and teacher, but was too out of my element. If only I had a picture of the final product! Maddox gave us a tour of Cotuit, after which Gabe and I made the long trek home.

No comments:

Post a Comment