Saturday, November 5, 2011

So it's been awhile ...

This has been a pretty busy week for me re: RhodySquash. We've transitioned from recruiting kids to fundraising. Kids are number one, obviously. I couldn't raise money for an idea, however. Imagine me asking, "support the budget of a non -- but soon to be -- existent program." That's not how it works. As I've mentioned in the past, we have 13 enthusiastic and low income students from Thompson Middle School. Aside from implementing the mission, our Board has charged me with broadening the fundraising base beyond the generosity of a few families. To that end, I continue to fill out grants (though my court tennis doubles partner informed me that we we're unsuccessful with the RI Foundation) and have approached every credit union in the state. Next I'll hit up the law firms, and we'll go from there. We continue to plan for the 2011 RhodySquash RI Open for individual donations. In addition, I had a lovely lunch with Martha, the director of Universal Promise, and we exchanged ideas that mutually benefited both our nonprofits.


Also, having been inspired by Diners, Drive-in, and Dives, I went to Crazy Burger and it was totally underwhelming. Does Guy fake pleasure. On a price/satisfaction/convenience scale, I'd choose Five Guys any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment