Saturday, January 21, 2012

RhodySquash Fundraising

In the past, I've written about the administration of RhodySquash and the challenges (and triumphs) of delivering our program. But as I like to say, when I'm not working with the RhodySquashers or coordinating with volunteers, I think of ways to raise money. As of writing this post, we've raised $47,425 dollars (the specificity is consistent with the transparency that all nonprofits require). We have two classes of donors, both equally important. "Large" donors consist of those who give $1000+, and "small" donors are those who give less. Our first line of fundraising is the board (it is no coincidence I'm working on expanding from 7 to 12 members), and from there we network, constantly seeking ways to expand our reach. Often my contact with an individual will begin over lunch, and blossom with contributions and new individuals they introduce me to as our rapport grows. A less grandiose way to describe my job ... I Schmooz. The rest of the winter, spring, and summer promises the introduction of a capital campaign, actual fundraisers, more lunches, and nonfat lattes during the many impromptu coffee breaks.

Because press is a huge component of our program, I promise to post the articles in which we've been featured thus far. Indeed, as of today (the night Newt takes South Carolina), we look forward to a visit from both the Providence Journal and ABC 6.

In other news ... "Midnight in Paris" is my new favorite movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment